Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

My first week with HCG

Today is officially my first 8 days taking HCG.


Let me tell you a bit about myself. I am 40 years old. I have struggled with weight most of my adult life. I have tried every diet out there, even phen fen back when it became popular, and yes it worked for a short period of time but eventually I gain all the weight back plus a lot more.
Isn't that the outcome of every diet?

I would like to lose about 100lbs. I have been a weight watcher ( for the 3rd or 4th time) for a year now and managed to keep off 15lbs over the last year. It can get frustrating just going up and down and really not getting to far!

I started reading the book by Kevin Trudeau and found it fascinating. It did seem like there was a lot of information and a lot of supplements to take. But my husband was very supportive and said let's give it a try! So for three weeks I followed his phase 1 and ate all organic foods and took the supplements he suggested. I did NOT lose much weight at all but knew I was being healthier. So I stuck to it! I started to wonder more about phase 2. I was a little concerned about it since it was 500 calories a day and taking injections!!! That just DID NOT sound right to me. But the thought of loosing at least a pound a day did catch my attention. And I am pretty much ready to try ANYTHING. So I started the research........

I found that you can not get HCG in the United States with out a prescription. You can buy it out of the US there are people who will ship it to you. I also found a local naturalist doc who does give the HCG injections but it was about $750 for 23 days. I just did not want to spend that kind of money. The injections you could get but out of the US for around $200, but I was not sure about giving them to myself either! Then I found a company actually several who sold a homeopathic drop that was placed under your tongue so I started that research.......

I called/emailed many people from some of the site I found out there. I watched several news reviews on the HCG. And definitely decided this was something I was going to try. I decided to start with the drops since several people said they had done both the drops and injections and actually preferred the drops. I figure I am going to give this a few different tries since I have so much weight to lose. The injections were going to take about 10 plus days to get to me and the drops I would have in 3 days. I was anxious to get started, so I went with the drops. I figured when I do this again I would make a decision if I would stick with drops or try injections. I ordered the drops and decided I would start with 23 days. I spent about $180 for the drops a supplement and a cook book that was worth every penny!!! (I will share some of my food ideas and menus as I continue to write each day through my journey). I know this still sounds like a lot of money BUT when you think about it it is less than $10 a day to do something healthy that sounded like it might work.
I started the drops on Feb. 6th, I am just finishing technically my 10th day but my eighth day of the "500 calories" a day part...
Here's what they have looked like so far....
The first two days I ate everything I wanted for two days, lots of fattening food. This is what you are told to do. Not sure if I ate enough, next time I do this phase I will eat more those days!
Its hard when you have been conscience of food your whole life to be told to eat everything for two days non stop.
The beginning of the "500 calorie" a day part went as follows...
Day 1 was ok...little hungry (I weighed myself first thing in the morning)
Day 2 Very Hungry and started to get a bit moody (down 3 pounds)
Day 3 Still Hungry and moody, but excited about the weight loss (down 3 more!)
Day 4 Getting a bit better and use to the routine. Body starting to adjust (down 1.4 pounds)
Day 5 Excited about the weight loss, I had a treat this evening and did have a cocktail (vodka soda water orange flavor with part of a squeezed orange) (down 1.4 pounds)
Day 6 Curious this morning if I would see a change in weight due to the cocktail, still feeling moody but not as hungry as the begining and feeling like I am on a mission (down 1.4 pounds)
Date night with my husband for Valentines Day, we went to a movie instead of out to dinner. Hard not to eat popcorn but I did bring a cut up apple in my purse to the movies. I know this kind of sounds yuck but it did fulfill the need to eat something and it was fine. That night I did have two cocktails and about 3 sips of wine. We were celebrating the birth of a friends baby with a friend who only drinks great wine so I toasted with them.
Day 7 Not sure if it was the sugar in wine or if two cocktails was too much due to the calories in vodka even though there are not many on a 500 calorie diet they add up fast! Or the fact my body had just lost a bit of weight maybe just a small plateau (down .5 pounds)
Well today is Valentines Day and we are having friends over for dinner. We had tons of snacks and a great dinner! I was not tempted at all I am to determined and excited about the weight loss. And trying to get back on track after only losing a half pound from yesterday. Even though that is a lot more weight than I would sometimes loss in a WHOLE WEEK! I had two cocktails tonight and I ate my lunch (shrimp)while we had snacks that way I wasn't to hungry or tempted. I ate dinner with everyone but had my own dinner which was spinach and chicken, my guest had the same dinner they just had rice too so I did not feel deprived!
Day 8 Well I am way on my way, I feel good being down over 10 pounds and feel like I have been through the tough part! I am on a mission now! (down 1 pound) I do still feel moody from time to time but my husband is aware of it and I admit to it and just work around it. I am excited!! And looking forward to the days to come!
Please follow me if you want the true details on what I am doing on this journey of losing great weight fast, healthy, and learning how to keep it off for Life!
Down total 11.6 pounds









1 comment:

  1. I saw the price of drops on that site you gave me. That seems VERY expensive! You should search for a Natural Health Clinic in your area and see if they sell it. I get mine at a local clinic here (I live in a very small town) and it's only $20 for a 40/day supply.

    ReplyDelete